Lemon chia cakes
Lemon, coconut and chia mini cakes 🍋 These are without doubt one of the most delicious cakes we have made to date. They are really easy and full of good fats and protein! (eggs and almonds)
You will need:
1 and 1/2 cup ground almonds
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons coconut oil
2 eggs whole
2 egg yolk
Juice of two whole lemons
1/2 cup of honey
How you do it:
1. Put all the ingredients for the filling into a blender and blend, add this to a pan and cook on medium heat constantly whisking until the mixture turns thick. Don't let it boil. This will take around 6 minutes.
2. Put it into the fridge with cling film over the mixture so it doesn't develop a skin.
3. Mix all of the ingredients for the crust together, it will be very crumbly but add it to some silicone cake cases and press down on the sides and the bottom leaving a little dip for the lemon filling.
4. Put into the oven on 180 for 10-12 minutes until they start to turn golden.
5. Let the crust cool, take them out the cases, top with the filling and sprinkle with coconut and chia seeds.Done in 20 minutes!