Healthy eating top tips
At The Skinny Kitchen we believe in healthy food 365 days of the year, but if you struggle for motivation to eat well and exercise more January is a great time to start. You’ll find discounted offers on gym memberships, supermarkets push healthier options to the front and you are more likely to find a friend to partner up with.
Here’s our top tips for those healthy eating new year resolutions for 2017:
1. Fill your fridge with healthy food. By making sure you only have healthy ingredients, your much more likely to resist temptation, if its not in the house, chances are you won’t eat it.
2. Make cooking a hobby. Cooking can be really fun and the more you learn about different food, the more you will want to experiment. Once a week, pick a healthy food you’ve never heard of and find a recipe that uses it.
3. If you don’t already have a gym membership, now is the time. Search for the best offers in your town, as January is the time they want to get people signed up and may give discounted rates.
4. Partner up. You are far more likely to find a friend to work with in January, as a lot of people jump on the healthy eating new year resolution. Partnering up with a colleague means you can join forces to resist the 3pm vending machine trip.
5. If you didn’t get one for Christmas invest in a spiraliser. There’s a reason they are so on trend right now, turning veggies into pasta can cut calories from meals without compromising on cooking things you love.